What size needles do I need for microneedling?
So you've bought yourself a microneedling device and now you aren't sure which needle length to use. To make your decision making process a little smoother for you, we decided to write a blog on this topic to help you out!
The best needle length for you ultimately depends on the kind of results you wish to achieve. Someone wishing to improve serum absorption (and their overall texture and tone as a result) isn't going to use the same length as a customer wishing to rejuvenate the appearance of fine lines and sagging skin.
Read below to see our guide on needle lengths and what each length will help you achieve.
As a general rule, always start on the smaller needle if you're unsure. You can always build up to a longer length (if necessary) when you feel comfortable.
- Serum ingredients absorption (not recommended with retinol infused serums) = 0.25mm
- Scarring = 1.0mm - 1.5mm
- Hyperpigmention = 0.25mm - 1mm
- Loose skin and sun damage = 0.5mm to 1.5mm
- Stretch marks = 1.5mm to 2.5mm
- Uneven Skin Tone and to improve texture = 0.5 mm - 1mm
- Fine and deep lines = 0.5 to 1.5 mm
Another common question is, "how often should I be microneedling?" Once again, the answer depends on what you're trying to achieve, as well as the length of the microneedle you're using. The longer the needle length, the longer the time in between treatments will be. See below.
- 0.25 mm = every second day
- 0.5 mm = 1 to 3 times weekly (start with less)
- 1.0 mm = once every 2 weeks
- 1.5 mm = once every 3 to 4 weeks
- 2.0 - 2.5mm = every 6 weeks. It's recommend avoiding this length for home use for safety purposes unless under the supervision of a professional
Hopefully you've now gained a little more insight into which needle length is for you, as well as how often you should be microneedling at home.
Supported by real people
From our in-house Beauty Advisor to the warehouse staff that package your order with love and care, we are invested in your results. We are here to help you and be a part of your skin journey.